ABL Space Systems
Accounting & Finance
El Segundo, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 6, 2023
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
As Manager, Finance, you will hold key responsibilities for all modeling, forecasting, and budgeting at ABL. The Manager, Finance will work closely with the Director of Finance to manage the forecasting and budgeting function from concept to completion. You will be driving the financial analysis for RFPs, ROIs, and various ad hoc initiatives. Additionally, you will provide data-driven insights that allow for stronger management decisions. The ideal candidate will have a background in corporate finance and modeling, and also have excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Manage the financial modeling and creating of the forecast, providing analyses and recommendations
- Manage resources by recruiting, onboarding, and training direct reports
- Guide in developing annual business plans and meeting targets
- Work closely with peer organizations to understand key business issues and translate them into financial models and metrics
- Support proposal activities by developing and maintaining financial models
- Develop and conduct Return on Investment (ROI) analyses
- Provide analytical support by delivering data, analyses and conclusions to assist in complex business decisions
- Prepare and present financial performance results to leadership
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 6+ years of Finance, Accounting, or other quantitative experience
- Experience creating and maintaining sophisticated financial models
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced Excel skills with experience organizing data sets
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate data in a clean and simple format
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate the 'why' behind the numbers
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and quickly gain comfort with new concepts
- Skilled proficiency using business intelligence tools
- Experience managing multiple priorities with an ability to balance strategic initiatives and operational execution
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; collaborative working style; able to build trusted relationships with cross-functional business partners
- Aerospace and/or manufacturing experience a plus
- Public company experience a plus
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL employees understand the “why” behind all decisions, operational events and target outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL employees must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to end ownership: Projects are delivered fully complete
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
See more open positions at ABL Space Systems
Something looks off?