Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
Ambercycle is a material science company founded in 2015 to create a fashion industry without 'waste'. Every year, over 120 billion garments are disposed of. We’re developing and scaling a breakthrough technology to manufacture yarns and fabrics from these old clothes, without a sacrifice in quality, rather than from petroleum or new agriculture resources. Our apparel products avoid the use of new raw materials and go into the highest quality applications, exceeding the expectations of end customers with a fraction of the environmental footprint. Using our technology, we are fundamentally changing the fashion industry and building the infinite textile ecosystem. Ambercycle’s first solution, cycora® is a premium fabric made from end-of-life textile waste. For more information, visit www.ambercycle.com and @wearcycora on IG.
We are searching for a Staff Accountant to join our small but mighty Finance team and help Ambercycle scale rapidly. The right candidate will be capable of working independently and have experience with building, maintaining, and continuously evaluating efficient financial reporting processes. You will be a critical player on the Finance team and will partner closely with operational stakeholders of an innovative, high-growth materials science company. You will interface with all departments, internal and external financing groups, and support ongoing financing efforts and initiatives. You will thrive and be valued in this role because you are an integral member of a team that will execute on a vision for a scalable, business partner-oriented function. You will work with a lean Finance team that is eager to grow the business and your skillset, and you will be making a massive impact on society by helping to end ‘waste’ in the fashion industry and fighting climate change. If you are passionate about circular economies, accounting topics, and consider yourself highly organized and ambitious, then come join our team!
- Apply knowledge of accounting best practices to the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions to ensure that all transactions are properly coded and processed.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the month close process.
- Prepare materials for internal and external reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Prepare various reconciliations and analysis of account activity.
- Document and improve accounting processes.
- Assist with external financial statements audit.
- Maintain strong working relationships with key contacts in other departments including Commercial, Operations, and Finance.
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements, as appropriate, to standardize and streamline processes.
- Provide support for ad hoc analyses and projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance (required)
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Proven experience and ability to successfully navigate a high-growth start-up environment.
- Strong attention to detail, organized, sense of ownership and positive “can do” attitude.
- Problem-solver and analytical thinker.
- Ability to adapt to change and learn quickly, work independently and cross-functionally.
- Ability to effectively project manage and prioritize work to achieve objectives and timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Reliable and responsive to stakeholders and requests.
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency and strong organizational skills.
- Working accounting knowledge and understanding of US GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills – Pivot Tables, VLookUps, etc.
- Experience with ERP (preferably Dynamics 365)
- Passion for building circularity in fashion and materials and combating climate change.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Free Healthy Snacks & Beverages
Ambercycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Ambercycle is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Position is full-time and based in Los Angeles, California ☀️ 🌊 🌴
See more open positions at Ambercycle
Something looks off?