Medical Sciences Medical Director - Translational Medicine - Inflammation, US - Remote
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of.
Medical Sciences Medical Director – Translational Medicine – Inflammation
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. The Amgen Inflammation Translational Medicine team is looking for a Medical Sciences Director. In this vital role you will be responsible for designing and executing early development clinical trials and leading the evidence generation teams.
- Effectively network with internal and external opinion leaders
- Design and implement innovative early clinical development strategy for Inflammation indications (e.g., rheumatologic diseases, inflammatory bowel disease, others)
- Opportunity to explore additional therapeutic areas
- Lead the preparation of clinical development plans and clinical study protocols, and contribute to informed consents, Investigator Brochures, and Ethics Committee and regulatory agency submissions
- Review and evaluate clinical study safety, efficacy, and pharmacokinetic data
- Contribute to the development and use of clinical biomarkers to facilitate drug development
- Actively collaborate with Amgen Late Development, Discovery Research, Regulatory, and Commercial colleagues
- Collaborate with external experts to provide biomedical expertise and strategic guidance to inflammation early development teams
- Contribute to in-licensing evaluations and due-diligence activities
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Medical professional we seek is a leader with these qualifications.
MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school
2 years of clinical research experience and/or basic science research
- Board certification or eligible
- Residency training in Internal Medicine and relevant subspecialty
- 3+ years of Inflammation drug development experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or substantial clinical trial experience collaborating with pharmaceutical sponsors
- Experience in designing, monitoring and implementing clinical trials and interpreting trial results
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, capable of conducting studies as part of a team
- Experience within a matrix environment, contributes to decision-making and reaching alignment in order to meet challenging timelines
- Experience in early clinical trials
- Experience in basic research and clinical trial methodology
- Publication track record
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, as well as, external partners and collaborators
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $246,380. – $294,987.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?