National Accounts Director
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like you’re part of something bigger, it’s because you are. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve together—researching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. It’s time for a career you can be proud of.
National Accounts Director
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will work in a matrix environment across internal teams' Marketing, Sr. Management, National Account team, Sales RSDs and CA Senior Leadership. Additionally, this individual must have knowledge and relationships with Managed Care market segmentation and product reimbursements, as well as, knowledge of medical and pharmacy reimbursement and impact to Amgen portfolio. Develop and maintain long-term strategic partnerships with key customers by integrating mutual resources to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Develop advanced concepts and techniques, solve very complex problems requiring high degree of resourcefulness or innovation, work objectives are self-initiated, errors have major impact.
- Conduct briefings and technical meetings for internal leadership and external management
- Develop business rationale and programs that enable pull-through of Amgen programs to achieve sales objectives.
- Develop and execute account specific plan, interpreting and incorporating key market trends.
- Maintain and facilitate executive relationships within customer base.
- Drive national & regional account sales by providing strategic direction to field sales organization to achieve established sales objective.
- Analyze sales results and identify growth opportunities.
- Communicate business issues and opportunities on an ongoing basis to senior management; integrate corporate marketing strategies into the organizational plan and structure; participate in the formulation of brand strategic plans and vision setting; assist in policy formulation and interpret policy and programs for dissemination to field sales organization.
- Represent Amgen as primary internal and external contact on contracts and relationships with key national accounts.
- Design, negotiate, and measure contract(s) performance and proposal drafting to ensure efficient access, coverage, and reimbursement.
- Fiscal management of pricing and contract management.
- Coordinate with US V&A Segment Marketing and Brand Marketing to develop customer specific valuable programs.
- Input, design, complete, and measure customer specific marketing programs.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The account director professional we seek is a collaborator with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 4 years of Sales, Marketing and/or Payor experience
Master’s degree and 8 years of Sales, Marketing and/or Payor experience
Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of Sales, Marketing and/or Payor experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- 3+ years of payer account management
- Proven track record of consistently achieving revenue target.
- Effectively implement change initiatives.
- Strong demonstrated record of developing cooperative business relationships and building strong teams.
- Must be a team leader with demonstrated success in inspiring and leading cross-functional business initiatives.
- Corporate Accounts/Multiple Segment experience (e.g., NAD, PBM, etc.)
- Experience in Account Management sales.
- 5 + years healthcare product sales experience.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $212,549.00 – $247,295.00.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?