Senior Associate, Congress Logistics (US - Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate, Congress Logistics (US – Remote)
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will assist in the execution of how Amgen approaches Global Congress operations and logistics, both in the in person world as well as hybrid and fully virtual congresses.
You will work to complete and improve processes around sourcing, operations and logistics to reflect brand and collaborator imperatives and the desired narrative. Essentially be the critical link between the global organization and the local markets in understanding local needs and providing support for global congresses as appropriate. This role will have a ground-breaking element, a strategic element, and an operational element:
- Transformation: Work with the team to build opportunities for Amgen to centralize its management of Congresses in today’s environment. The deployment of centralized options to support Operations and Logistics and the associated behavior change will be a large portion of this role. ,
- Strategy: Understanding and capitalizing on the objective of congresses in a virtual and hybrid world will require a pan-congress vision in which “One Amgen” is front and center. Operationalize and support existing processes to further Amgen strategy.
- Operations: Help support and understand the current operations, redefine processes, leading to a seamless operating model going forward for global congresses.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The congress logistics professional we seek is an event manager with these qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of event management or congress experience
Associate’s degree and 6 years of event management or congress experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of event management or congress experience
- Strong eye for business, critical thinking and execution excellence skills honed by Congress Planning experience
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity to form relationships and work effectively with colleagues and cultures around the world
- Strong ability to ‘connect dots’ across internal and external stakeholders across functional and regional boundaries. Enable sharing of takeaways and knowledge, standard processes and insights connecting stakeholders for efficient outcomes.
- Experience and strong competence in Congress-Planning processes, including the use and application of current tools and frameworks
- Experience in SMM planning and operational systems
- Experience handling external partners such as agencies
- Outstanding project and time management skills
- Detail oriented approach with ability to process and manipulate spreadsheets
- Very strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Knowledge of internal organizational process and procedures
- Excellent written, verbal and communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding ethics and integrity and comfort operating in a highly regulated environment
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
This position will be paid on an hourly basis. The annualized base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $78,024.00 – $94,092.00.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?