Senior Associate Scientist - Genome Editing and Cell Line Engineering
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Senior Associate Scientist – Genome Editing and Cell Line Engineering
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will will be a part of Amgen’s Induced Proximity Platform (IPP) organization. The IPP team is focused on developing novel drug modalities that use proximity biology to go after challenging drug targets in diverse therapeutic areas, such as Oncology, Cardiometabolic disorders and Inflammation. The Target Evaluation group in IPP is seeking a motivated Senior Associate Scientist to further develop our cell line engineering platform and enhance our cell-based screening capability. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with teams within IPP as well as with teams in chemistry and the different therapeutic areas.
- Design, optimize, and implement genome editing tools.
- Contribute to the development and streamlining of a cell line engineering pipeline
- Functionally characterize engineered cell lines and develop high throughput screening assays
- Interact with IPP team members and co-workers across different departments and research sites and communicate and present data in department and team meetings.
- Contribute results and participate in the writing of manuscripts for publication.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The unique professional we seek is a strong collaborator with these qualifications.
- Master’s degree and 4 years of relevant scientific experience or
- Bachelor’s degree and 6years of relevant scientific experience
- An advanced degree with experience in cell line engineering and CRISPR based genome editing
- A track record of scientific achievement, supported by publications and/or significant contributions to a drug discovery program
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques and gene delivery methods
- Experience with molecular biology techniques (cloning, plasmid design, DNA extraction, DNA amplification)
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with biochemical techniques (protein extraction, western blot, immunoprecipitation)
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with high throughput, plate-based assays
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with flow cytometry, fluorescence imaging techniques
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to work in teams to achieve changing project goals and meet timelines
- Strong data analysis and independent critical thinking skills
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $103,045-125,031.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?