GCC Congress Project Manager - General Medicine
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
GCC Congress Project Manager – General Medicine
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will develop a strategic approach to executing and improving the process of planning Amgen congresses. This individual must have strong project management experience as they will be handling a plethora of projects. As a strategic problem solver, this person will be savvy in harnessing the power of technology, understanding congress planning, and working cross-functionally to ensure we deliver an elite customer engagement and congress experience. This role will help support and understand current operations, redefine and streamline processes and lead Amgen into a seamless and efficient operating model.
The Amgen congress team (ACT) will lead prioritized Global and US General Medicine congress events and activities. This person will have a unique position on the ACT driving the congress objectives provided by multiple brands. They will take the lead on budget, sourcing, building and adapting content materials ensuring they are delivered timely and are put through medical, legal, and regulatory affairs review.
This role will have elements of project management, operations, and content development:
- Project Management: Develop and implement timelines for congress workstreams
- Content Development: Work with brand teams and external agencies to create materials. Ensure the materials are compliant and submitted to our regulatory, legal, and medical affairs process.
- Operations: Will lead tactical execution of congresses. Work with cross-functional teams to ensure a “One Amgen mindset” is achieved. Help the ACT centralize and optimize the management of congresses a shift of operations away from the regions to either global or local markets requires a redesign of existing processes to create a more efficient, productive approach to execute on congresses.
- Provide a centralized service of excellence in execution of Global & US congresses, delivering best-in-class partnership with the commercial and medical organizations
- Engage with internal partners to project manage and execute on overall end-to-end congress management
- Lead budget management and support process development and optimization capabilities
- Create and carry out project timelines and support multi-disciplinary team to ensure individual congress contributors achieve objectives and produce high-quality deliverables
- Support therapeutic asset lead and provide product specific strategy and content recommendations
- Build expertise in time efficiencies to deliver desired outputs in congress deliverables
- Understand the needs of key internal and external partners and provide them with required inputs, fostering a symbiotic and aligned relationship, delivering quality customer service and congress execution excellence
- Coordinates the work of multiple external agency partners and internal departments including ACT, marketing, legal, regulatory, and medical affairs for tactics under their responsibility
- Lead internal review / approval process for promotional materials
Will require approx. 10-20% travel when appropriate.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The project management professional we seek is a strong leader with these qualifications.
Master’s degree and 2 years of related experience
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of related experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of related experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of related experience
- 2+ years of experience in congress planning and execution or 4+ years biotechnology/pharmaceutical experience
- Previous product management or product marketing experience
- Strong project management and organizational skills – the ability to set targets, track to milestones, and complete projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Outstanding cross-functional collaboration skills – experience collaborating with Marketing, Marketing Operations, Sales, Medical Affairs, Scientific Communications, Legal, Regulatory, and external vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including listening and presentation skills
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical commercialization process and knowledge of the medical, legal, and regulatory affairs review process
- Strong computer and database skills (e.g., Microsoft Office products, Smartsheet, MS Teams, Project management software)
- Prior experience working with external partners such a creative and congress agencies
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Exhibit high emotional intelligence, with demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate through complicated situations, difficult conversations, and ambiguous assignments
- Outstanding ethics and integrity and efficiently operate in a highly regulated environment
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $95,623.00 – $127,926.00.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Something looks off?