Who is Bird
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
This position is responsible for driving the business forward, managing a book of business of Bird’s partners: this means driving operational excellence and ensuring the retention & growth of the Bird program in our cities & universities, big & small. This role acts as the main point of contact at Bird for our Cities, working with city staff, community organizations, and other city stakeholders to ensure a safe, compliant and successful scooter program in their community. Account Managers work cross-functionally, in partnership with other teams across Bird to support our cities.
This is an opportunity to join a team with tremendous impact on the growth of Bird, carrying out Bird’s mission of making cities more liveable and easier to get around. This position will be responsible for Bird’s program in & relationships with cities across regions in the United States.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with our Cities & Universities, as the main contact externally, and internal point person within Bird.
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, including Operations, Product, Legal and Brand teams to ensure city compliance as well as the growth of the Bird program.
- Work alongside the Government Partnership Sales & Strategy team to optimize the regulatory environment for Bird.
- Assist the team in any RFP application processes, participating in any RFP presentations for interviews
- Build relationships externally within the cities Bird operates, strengthening community ties, supporting safety events, as well as working with community orgs to promote the Bird program.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3-5+ years of progressive experience in Sales, Account Management or Government Relations, working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build, and/or strengthen relationships in an external-facing setting
- Ability to think strategically and thoughtfully to strengthen Bird’s relationship with cities and communities
- Ability to travel to support community engagement events, and attend partner meetings or city demos when needed
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Breadth of experience in strong and empathetic communication and ability to think on your feet
- Strong cross-functional relationships with product, operations and PR teams in past roles
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Something looks off?