Director, Marketing & Growth
Who is Bird
Bird’s cleaner, affordable, and on-demand mobility solutions are available in more than 400 cities globally. We take a collaborative, community-first approach to micromobility. Bird partners closely with the cities in which it operates to provide a reliable and affordable transportation option for people who live and work there.
We’re looking for an experienced, passionate, and analytical leader that is excited to build a Marketing and Growth function to support Bird’s global shared scooter and bike services. As Director, you’ll have the opportunity to take Bird’s lessons as the founder of the shared micro-mobility industry, and use them to continuously improve regional and global marketing efforts. You’ll have incredible access to data and the backing of an organization that moves quickly to try new things to perfect rider acquisition, activation, retention, and pricing strategies.
The role also uses B2B channels to successfully source Bird’s business and logistics partners. You’ll have a license to define best practices for continued market research, segmentation, and partnership investments. The Director of Marketing and Growth will lead a growing team responsible for Bird’s social media, all lifecycle and user communications, and supporting strong partnership with the cities we serve. The Director will leverage data, chase opportunities, and support Bird’s public strategy to be profitable in 2023 by positively impacting rider behavior and increasing user lifetime value. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to offer both strategic partnership to senior leaders, but also lend a tactical hand as the marketing and growth team grows in the future.
- Build Bird’s global growth and marketing operations function; this is a chance to get your hands dirty and be entrepreneurial within our broader business
- Own growth and marketing metrics for tracking, reporting, and analyzing performance of marketing activities
- Coordinate the budget strategy for global marketing and manage budget allocations and return on investment reporting
- Partner with internal business leaders, including Product, Data, Operations, Brand and Business Operations to use Bird’s resources to improve market research, lifecycle marketing and segmentation, pricing strategy, and rider value
- Be the voice of Product to Marketing, and the voice of Marketing to Product by driving alignment across product and business teams to unify our vision and goals for current and future riders
- Develop and own the rider experience roadmap for rider communications; from ideations to optimization to automation, you are the owner of Bird’s rider acquisition, retention and activation approach
- Develop Bird’s global and regional partnership opportunities
- Work alongside Business Operations and Data teams to develop high value segmentation strategies
- Be a thought leader to assess, communicate, and iterate results of A/B tests
- Ensure Bird operations remains compliant to global privacy and compliance laws that impact customer communications
- Passion for Bird’s mission of reducing traffic and carbon emissions in order to make cities more livable
- BA required, preferably in related field
- 8+ years of related professional experience required, with 4+ years setting team strategy in a marketing leadership position
- Proven success developing, training/coaching, and motivating a high-impact team
- Relevant experience providing the tactical ‘on the ground’ support for a successful marketing campaign or program at scale
- Proven success designing, implementing, and iterating lifecycle marketing initiatives in a B2C or B2B2C setting; app-based marketing experience a plus
- Experience analyzing marketing program effectiveness
- Strong Project Management skills to manage multiple deliverables in conjunction with expectations of key stakeholders and meeting deadlines
- Familiar with customer engagement strategies across multiple marketing channels
- Able to work cross functionally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/MBA in Marketing, Marketing Analytics or related field a plus
- Exposure to Braze, Tableau a plus
- This is a remote role with preference for Toronto
- Minimal travel required (less than 10%)
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of days to relax and recharge throughout the year. Our flock receives a ‘work from home’ stipend and Bird ride credits to get you where you need to be. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, pre-tax spending accounts, employee resource groups, mental health resources, pet insurance, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Something looks off?