Senior Software Engineer (PHP Production Engineer)
Who We Are:
Convoso is a leading provider of omnichannel contact center software. The company was founded on innovation and continues to push boundaries in our industry.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, the company has employees around the globe working both hybrid and remote. The company culture fosters team integrity, positive persistence, and continuous growth. (A heads up - we were awarded as Built In LA’s Best Places to Work in 2020, 2021 and 2022!)
With Convoso, the future is bright as we continue to evolve our technology.
The company’s foundational product provides the most powerful contact center software available for outbound teams. However, we are expanding our reach by relaunching an advanced version of our conversational AI product. The enhanced capabilities of our Intelligent Virtual Agent (IVA) gives our customers a competitive edge and streamlined productivity by dramatically reducing repetitive tasks. This future forward technology will allow Convoso to grow into new markets across hundreds of use cases.
Convoso is looking for people who are excited about technology and the fast growing, innovative field of IVA and AI. We are a company of motivated team players driving accelerated growth in a supportive, positive culture. We celebrate a diversity of people, ideas, and backgrounds that contribute to one shared community.
Most roles at Convoso function as “hybrid” with some opportunities for travel to in-person business events and company meetings. For remote positions, Convoso’s U.S. hiring is open to candidates who are residents of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, NC, NJ, NV, OH, PA, TX, UT.
At Convoso, we’re constantly, vigilantly looking for ways to reshape the future of lead generation contact centers. Our mission is to revolutionize the call center industry by empowering agents to convert leads faster. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for … Senior Software Engineer (PHP Production Engineer). At Convoso, we're constantly, vigilantly looking for ways to reshape the future of lead generation contact centers. Our mission is to revolutionize the call center industry by empowering agents to convert leads faster. That's where you come in. We're seeking a Sr. Software Engineer - PHP to work closely with our Tech Lead designing, architecting, developing, and implementing secure and scalable critical business solutions.
Stepping into this very challenging role will mean stepping into a dynamic environment. There’ll be a steep learning curve, but we believe the future belongs to those who build it. Therefore, success for you would mean reaching your full potential in a short period of time, while doing whatever it takes to get up to speed. Success would mean having a strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design, architect, develop and implement secure and scalable critical business solutions.
- Responds promptly and professionally to bug reports and provide support to production issues.
- Find a resolution or hand it over to the right person when handling an issue.
- Translate Business and User needs into technical requirements and socialize architectural designs to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Create and maintain design documents, including Process and Sequence Diagram
- Providing technical expertise to developers, architects, and analysts.
- Evolving the technical direction of the services.
- Build and launch products rapidly and incrementally.
- Write both front-end and back-end code and build amazing features across both mobile web and desktop.
- Delivering quality features on time and on budget and executing against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Ensuring the correct operation of the services that your team owns.
- Working with your team members to manage the day-to-day development activities.
- Helping in hiring engineers for your team.
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience with PHP and frameworks as Symfony
- 5+ years of experience with MySQL/Maria DB database design/administration.
- Experience with Node.js (TypeScript is a plus).
- Experience with NoSQL (Redis/Memcahced).
- Web service integration using technologies such as REST, XML, JSON
- Technical experience required with the following: Linux, Apache/NGINX/Haproxy web servers, PHP, MySQL/Maria DB database design/administration
- Extensive Object-Oriented programming experience.
- Experience with Unit/Functional testing.
- Experience working with additional languages is a plus (Node.js, Python,Go, C/C++, Perl, etc.).
Work Perks Worth The Hype:
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- 100% covered premiums for employees; Medical, Dental, Basic life insurance, Long term disability
- Affordable Vision plan and optional FSA
- PTO, Paid Sick Time, Holidays, Bereavement time, Parental Leave
- Your birthday off
- 401k program with generous company match
- No cost Employee Assistance Program and Travel Assistance
- Monthly Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly credits toward food & beverage
- Company Outings
- On and offsite team building events
- Paid training for departments
- Apple laptop (most roles)
- And a team of highly experienced and kind colleagues!
- Casual office environment & dress
- Daily catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen (Dietary restriction-friendly)
- Happy Hours
- Monthly Massages
- On-site Car Wash
- Free Parking
Your California Privacy Rights:
Something looks off?