Senior Product Manager (Conversational AI)
Who We Are:
Convoso is a leading provider of omnichannel contact center software. The company was founded on innovation and continues to push boundaries in our industry.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, the company has employees around the globe working both hybrid and remote. The company culture fosters team integrity, positive persistence, and continuous growth. (A heads up - we were awarded as Built In LA’s Best Places to Work in 2020, 2021 and 2022!)
With Convoso, the future is bright as we continue to evolve our technology.
The company’s foundational product provides the most powerful contact center software available for outbound teams. However, we are expanding our reach by relaunching an advanced version of our conversational AI product. The enhanced capabilities of our Intelligent Virtual Agent (IVA) gives our customers a competitive edge and streamlined productivity by dramatically reducing repetitive tasks. This future forward technology will allow Convoso to grow into new markets across hundreds of use cases.
Convoso is looking for people who are excited about technology and the fast growing, innovative field of IVA and AI. We are a company of motivated team players driving accelerated growth in a supportive, positive culture. We celebrate a diversity of people, ideas, and backgrounds that contribute to one shared community.
Most roles at Convoso function as “hybrid” with some opportunities for travel to in-person business events and company meetings. For remote positions, Convoso’s U.S. hiring is open to candidates who are residents of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, NC, NJ, NV, OH, PA, TX, UT.
At Convoso, we’re constantly, vigilantly looking for ways to reshape the future of lead generation contact centers. Our mission is to revolutionize the call center industry by empowering agents to convert leads faster. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for …a Senior Product Manager who will be an integral part of the product management team, be directly responsible for the success of Convoso's products, act as the voice of the market and the customer, and identify opportunities to evolve Convoso's product offering to solve better real-world challenges, increasing customer satisfaction, and driving growth and profitability. You will work cross-functionally across development, marketing, sales, and support, bringing products to market. Act as the voice of the market and the customer, collaborating closely with Product leadership on feature prioritization, the product roadmap that increases customer satisfaction and drives growth and profitability.
Stepping into this very challenging role will mean stepping into a dynamic environment. There’ll be a steep learning curve, but we believe the future belongs to those who build it. Therefore, success for you would mean reaching your full potential in a short period of time, while doing whatever it takes to get up to speed. Success would mean having a strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Cross-Functional Team Relationship and communication:
- Collaborate with Product Marketing on identifying the target customer/market, defining the product or initiative Strategy, market share, expected ROI, etc.
- Collaborate with engineering to identify dependencies and risks to deliver estimated timelines for projects and releases and communicate meaningful updates as projects move through the development process.
- Communicate the Product's value to the business (product marketing, CSM, and other stakeholders).
- Support sales, marketing, and customer success teams by conducting product enablement, training, and demo.
- Develop an ongoing relationship with customers and partners that are integral in driving Convoso's revenue goals
- Product management and growth:
- Gathering Customer escalations and Product New ideas and translating them into a PRD by providing relevant context and expected results to ensure engineering understands the WHAT and the WHY.
- Break the PRD into adequate user stories that include a clear definition of goals, risks/dependencies / assumptions, overall approach, requirements with acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with solution architect/engineer on solution design that meets the requirements.
- Define and manage the product goals and initiatives and participate in strategies and roadmap planning.
- Responsible for delivering the product feature to the market and ensuring success by measuring customer adoption and/or market share.
- Manage and prioritize queues for new requests, enhancements, and bug fixes, balancing fixes vs. features to optimize revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
- Operational, SDLC and QA/Troubleshooting:
- Take Full ownership of the new feature/initiative by directly driving the initiative from the burst of the idea to the completion and following up on customer adoption.
- Assist the overall product team in implementing methodologies, tools, and systems that provide visibility and increase efficiencies and productivity of the entire SDLC with Agile Methodology.
- Become proficient in triaging customer-related issues
- Measure and grow Feature adoption - Measures how many users interact with your Product's specific features at a given moment or over time and the effect of it on new user/customer acquisition and retention efforts.
- Team Efficiency:
- Become a strong, contributing member of the team through product ideation discussions, alignment to the operational cadence, helping others succeed, and improvements to how we operate
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of product management experience defining, building, and shipping modern B2B SaaS software solutions ideally in a startup environment.
- Additional 1-2 years of experience with Product Management related roles (business analyst, customer success/support, sales engineer, etc.)
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience as a Product Manager/Owner of a Conversational AI product (chatbot, IVR, NLU).
- Experience with call center, ad tech, lead gen/management industries (preferred)
- Deep understanding and experience with agile development methodologies, including scrum and kanban.
- Familiarity with project management system, proficient on Jira and Confluence and key product management building blocks such as personas, competitive analysis, and MVP.
- Strong customer focus with a track record of successful customer interactions.
- Ability to build relationships and influence others without authority at all levels of the organization.
- An eye for UX design and the ability to communicate clear requirements and user needs.
- A passion for resourceful and creative problem-solving.
- Thinks holistically, and considers the end-to-end experience (how do all the pieces of functionality work together) and broader context
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, Product designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers, and team
- Ability to understand business requirements and technical limitations
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills - must be able to communicate at a business and technical level with internal teams, customers, partners, and executives.
Work Perks Worth The Hype:
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- 100% covered premiums for employees; Medical, Dental, Basic life insurance, Long term disability
- Affordable Vision plan and optional FSA
- PTO, Paid Sick Time, Holidays, Bereavement time, Parental Leave
- Your birthday off
- 401k program with generous company match
- No cost Employee Assistance Program and Travel Assistance
- Monthly Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly credits toward food & beverage
- Company Outings
- On and offsite team building events
- Paid training for departments
- Apple laptop (most roles)
- And a team of highly experienced and kind colleagues!
- Casual office environment & dress
- Daily catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen (Dietary restriction-friendly)
- Happy Hours
- Monthly Massages
- On-site Car Wash
- Free Parking
Your California Privacy Rights:
Something looks off?