Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager
Epirus is a high-growth technology company developing solid-state, software-defined directed energy systems that enable unprecedented counter-electronics effects and power management solutions to optimize power efficiency in defense and commercial applications. With a constant emphasis on innovation, we are redefining the future of power to bring tomorrow’s capabilities to life, today. And that’s just the beginning.
Job Objective: This is an exciting role in a growing company; Epirus is seeking a Quality focused Continuous Improvement Manager to join our team. As the Continuous Improvement Manager, you will partner with our customers, internal teams, and suppliers to ensure the delivery of high quality products that meet all mission requirements. We're looking for highly motivated candidates to join our high-performing and collaborative team to help evolve our capabilities to meet the technical challenges of tomorrow. The right person will have a strong expertise in Quality Engineering integration in the design, manufacturing, integration, and testing of products. The position requires a solid understanding of Quality compliance standards, product requirements and ability to adapt and apply fundamental quality engineering controls, continuous improvement processes during the product life cycle. This role will interface inside and outside the organization and must have strong communication skills and change management influence.
- Lead the development of processes that ensure quality and conformance of incoming material, and internal product build, and test
- Own the elimination of material and supplier based product risk to improve reliability across the product lifecycle. Engage in Quality activities from concept through development and manufacturing to field use, with internal teams and suppliers
- Ensure the execution of product and process requirements with suppliers; define and improve such requirements
- Develop and implement quality standards with automated methods for monitoring internal production and supplier performance
- Perform root cause & corrective active associated with identified quality issues, while managing ongoing continuous improvement efforts with internal, and external engagement
- Ownership of the company’s quality management system compliant to industry standards and customer expectations
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to influence change, develop personnel and strategically plan for continuous improvement
- Provide data analysis regarding operations and its cost drivers, material and information flows, productivity, and material consumption
- Audits processes and standards to ensure sustained improvements, while contributing in the execution of operational plans in support of policy deployment goals, and initiatives for the organization
- Promotes continuous improvement activities & ensures sustainability of related projects, with a focus on standardization, and adoption of improved processes
- Be an active partner with Engineering, Manufacturing Operations and Supply Chain teams, in the product development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business & 10+ years of prior Continuous Improvement experience ORAdvanced degree in related field and 7+ as a Quality Manager, Quality Engineer or Mission Assurance Manager
- Experience working in Aerospace, Defense, Manufacturing and Technology industry
- Previous Manufacturing & Quality Control operations experience
- Knowledge and experience with the Lean Manufacturing System which may include: Value Stream Mapping and Value Added Analysis, Pull and Flow Techniques, Visual Management and Controls
- Accomplished level experience in root cause analysis, developing data analysis systems, and visualization skills
- Proven ability to lead through change management while applying Six Sigma & Lean methodology principles
- Proven success with QMS standards including ISO 9001 and AS9100
- Working knowledge of Project Management methods and Risk Management tools
- US Citizen and or Permanent Resident (future security clearance may be required)
- ERP System functionality and data analytics, metrics and reporting
- SixSigma Certification
- Electronics and or Radio Frequency Product Manufacturing
- Early product prototype, new product introduction and transition to production
- Exposure to Agile product development
People are the most important part of Epirus – and always come first. We don’t believe in the word impossible and are always asking “why not” as work to usher in a new paradigm of power efficiency. Our fast-growing team is agile, creative, and innovative. We support a culture of constant learning and sense of belonging among our team members and know that mentorship matters. We embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and beyond. To deliver on our mission, we are always looking for problem solvers, changemakers and innovators to join our fast-growing team.
Something looks off?