Global Sourcing & Production Manager
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Exploding Kittens is a leading game and entertainment company with a mission to inspire people to connect, laugh, and play fun games in the physical world. After initially seeking to raise $10K through Kickstarter, the Exploding Kittens campaign raised $8.7M in 30 days from 219,000 backers. To date, Exploding Kittens is the #1 most-backed project in Kickstarter history and has sold over 18 million games. Started by former Xbox game designer Elan Lee and The Oatmeal’s founder Matthew Inman, Exploding Kittens and its family of games seek to reshape traditional game night into an entertaining person-to-person experience. Today, there are nearly 30 games available for purchase as well as an Exploding Kittens mobile app that is one of the top 30 premium games on both iOS, Android, and the Nintendo Switch console, as well as a free-to-play app, Kitty Letter.
Exploding Kittens is seeking to hire a creative and driven Production Manager to manage the strategy, scheduling and production management for all Exploding Kittens brand games. As one of the main points of contact for our manufacturing plants, you will organize print runs, negotiate and analyze cost of goods, recommend materials, and aid in the engineering of our physical games.
Success in this role requires a flexible, entrepreneurial mindset and a demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with a superior attention to detail.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE:
- Create, maintain and manage production schedules for all products to increase efficiencies and improve workflows
- Serve as the main point of communication for manufacturers and our internal team
- Manage and maintain Bill of Materials and Quotations for new and existing projects
- Source and identify appropriate manufacturers per project and assess project and resource
- Identify materials and manufacturing best practices to ensure cost-savings, efficiencies and quality from development through final delivery
- Ensure manufacturing and cost feasibility are supported by a strong knowledge of vendor capabilities, manufacturing technologies, quality and safety
- Estimate, negotiate and maintain budgets and timescales; establish quality controls
WHAT WE NEED:
- 5+ years of experience working in game production management, consumer product goods or a related field
- Proven track record of managing production schedules to meet on-time delivery goals and budgets
- In-depth understanding of the paper and toy manufacturing processes with knowledge of cost drivers including printing, plastics, decoration and product assembly
- Strong networking skills, with existing contacts and relationships with card game manufacturers desired
- Highly organized, independent and self-motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Mandarin language skills a plus but not required
- Travel is required both domestic and international to ensure QC and health/safety regulations are met
- Must be able to commute to Hollywood, CA (Los Angeles Area)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 100% Company paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible spending account options (medical, dependent care, transit)
- 401k with company matching
- Employee Equity Incentive program
- Flexible paid vacation
- Monthly wellness benefit + complementary wellness subscriptions
Please apply directly at jobs.lever.co/explodingkittens. Make sure to include a PDF of your current resume along with a cover letter.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer we are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunity to applicants and employees regardless of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race (including protected hairstyles such as dreadlocks, braids and twists), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression and/or the fact that an individual is transgender, transitioning or transitioned), color, ancestry, national origin, possession of a driver’s license, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/trait/condition, marital or familial status, family care or medical leave status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, membership in military reserves, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation We consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local, state and federal “ban the box” and “fair chance” laws.
See more open positions at Exploding Kittens
Something looks off?