Senior Data Engineer
We're seeking a spirited Data Engineer to join our mission of revolutionizing the ion Factory OS for next-gen hardware creators. As a full-time addition at our lively Los Angeles, CA HQ (Downtown), you'll play a crucial role in our dynamic data team.
Fired up to support eVTOLs, rockets, robots, and autonomous vehicles makers? Our data team is all about backing companies tackling humanity's boldest challenges. Join our diverse squad, renowned for quick learning, sharp thinking, and agile execution.
While spontaneous ping pong duels might occur, our primary focus is on empowering ion customers with cutting-edge data infrastructure. Ready to make an impact on hardware and Industry 4.0? Let's dive in!
Responsibilities & Duties
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable ETL processes and data pipelines
- Optimize data storage and retrieval using distributed systems and cloud technologies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define data requirements and ensure data quality
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve data processing issues
- Continuously refine and optimize data engineering practices and tools
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Proficiency in Python or other relevant programming languages for data processing
- Strong proficiency in SQL (Postgres and Snowflake)
- Experience in ETL development and tooling (DBT preferred)
- Familiarity with distributed systems and cloud technologies (AWS)
- Solid understanding of data warehousing concepts and best practices
- Knowledge of system orchestration tooling (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Experience with distributed data storage systems (Snowflake, Apache Druid, AWS Redshift)
- Knowledge of modern data stores and file formats (Delta, Iceberg, etc.)
- Knowledge of data modeling, schema design, and data normalization techniques
- Experience with stream processing tools & frameworks (Apache Kafka, Debezium, Spark Streaming)
- Experience with distributed Big Data tools (Trino, Apache Spark)
- Experience with ELK stack for system monitoring and alerts
- Exposure to machine learning frameworks and tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Background in building enterprise applications or working in a manufacturing environment
Benefits & Perks
- Health Insurance; medical, vision, dental, & life insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Team outings, group lunches, an open office, happy hours
- Paid holidays, sick days
- Flexible Fridays and PTO
First Resonance is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
JOIN THE TEAM AND INSPIRE THE WORK
First Resonance accelerates the speed and reliability of hardware development for companies manufacturing the next generation of hardware products. This includes electric airplanes, autonomous vehicles, robotics, and more. We are a group of software, hardware, and manufacturing engineers that are bringing the best of modern UX and data science to an industry that has been overly rigid in its innovation. We are removing the barriers preventing radical advancement by providing tools to manufacturing engineers and operators to move information more freely, collaborate with their teams more easily, and use the power of data to predict problems and provide insights that result in better hardware quality and delivery.
Something looks off?