Full Stack Engineer
Kabata is building the next generation in strength training, starting with the world's smartest dumbbells.
The company is backed by world-class VCs & angels, including:
- Menlo Ventures
- Tribe Capital
- Naval Ravikant (AngelList founder)
- Zaza Pachulia & Kirk Lacob (Golden State Warriors front office)
- Dan Gilbert (owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Andy Dunn (Bonobos founder)
- Nakisa Bidarian (manages Jake Paul; ex-UFC CFO)
- Bradley Chubb (Pro Bowl NFL linebacker), and more.
Where the first generation of connected fitness has created products that are bulky, expensive, and lack personalization, Kabata solves those pain points.
Delivered in a compact, cost-effective offering, Kabata tracks & comprehends all your workout data (reps, time under tension, velocity, volume, power, fatigue), sends those metrics back to you in gamified, real-time charts, and runs AI on that data to coach & progress you.
This uniquely data-driven approach allows Kabata to curate effective, personalized workouts tailored to you & your body. Additionally, Kabata’s dumbbells employ form correction & strain analysis in addition to velocity-based training, scientifically proven to help you become stronger & more explosive.
The team is ex-Apple, iRobot, Felicis, Tonal, Postmates, UCLA, Stanford, etc. & actively looking for its next rockstar. Welcome to the next generation in strength training!
Kabata is looking for a passionate Full Stack Engineer who will produce scalable software solutions to support the next generation of connected fitness devices. You should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end languages and frameworks, NoSQL databases, and integrating third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a solid understanding of cloud security best practices.
What you’ll do
- Design client-side and server-side architecture.
- Build and maintain the Kabata client side CMS.
- Build and maintain secure APIs to support the mobile application.
- Work with Data Scientists to implement a recommendation engine.
- Document code functionality and author design documentation.
- Write unit tests to verify key application functions.
- Participate in code reviews and improve code quality.
- Recommend improvements to code infrastructure and architectural design.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- 3+ years experience with AWS
- 3+ years experience with MongoDB and NoSQL databases
- Experience integrating with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Knowledge of Jira/Git and other tools in the SDLC
- Knowledge of AWS IoT a plus
- Intellectual curiosity & horsepower + natural excitement for the fitness space
- Ability to take initiative and go above and beyond
This is a critical role, and an attractive salary + equity comp package will be offered. The position will be fully remote. If you’re energized by the combination of fitness and technology, the opportunity to make the world stronger, healthier & happier, and the impact you can make in the early days of a startup going after a massive opportunity, we’d love to talk to you! Please email your resume to email@example.com.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
‘You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them.’