Senior Product Manager (Remote, West Coast)
Modern Animal is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing team.
We are looking for a senior product manager who is passionate about creating an incredible customer experience for both the pet owners and the veterinarian professionals and working cross functionally to bring product ideas to reality. Reporting to the Director of Product, you will join a team of experts in high-growth startups and veterinary medicine, building a modern, technology-enabled veterinary company.
We work in a fast-paced environment and cross-functional groups to ideate, build, and roll out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy. We are looking for someone passionate about pets and the people who love them, and someone who is excited about rolling up their sleeves to bring our mission to life as we grow!
Our headquarters is in Culver City in Los Angeles. We’re looking for candidates based on the west coast, and if you’re interested in relocating to LA we welcome that but not required. You will be required to visit our clinics on a regular basis to understand the veterinarian professional experience.
What you’ll be working on:
- Gains deep understanding and unique insights for the veterinary professional experience and member experience, and uses the insights to identify product opportunities.
- Lead the end-to-end ideation, development, and launch of amazing products that translate to business outcomes
- Establish product roadmaps that will meaningfully improve customer and veterinarian experience and business outcome while bringing your cross-functional partners along.
- Influences cross-functional partners (engineering, product design, operation, growth, medicine) effectively and drives decision-making
- Determine the metrics that define success for your products and implement tracking systems/processes for these metrics. Define and analyze metrics that inform product prioritization and decision-making.
- Anticipate risks and proactively manage these risks before they become blockers
- Communicate your findings and recommendations to various levels of management, including executives and CEO.
Why you’d be a great fit:
- 5+ years of experience in a product role
- Track record of leading projects that translate to successful business outcomes
- Effective cross-functional communicator by tailoring your language toward different audience
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and asking for help when needed
- Curious and embracing that good ideas come from anywhere
- Sweating the details because details matter
- Experience working with technology with a heavy operation component is a strong plus.
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent medical, vision, & dental coverage with various options to choose from
- Free membership to One Medical for primary care
- Access to behavioral and mental health services through Ginger
- 401k savings plan with a company match
- Flexible time off & paid parental leave
- Free membership to Modern Animal for your pets and discounts on extra services
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of our pack
The pay range for this position is $148,000-232,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and equity grant units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the California Pay Transparency Act. Base pay information is based on geographic location.
We believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please let us know!
Something looks off?