Associate, Ads Financial Planning & Analysis
Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2023
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. We bring entertainment to over 230 million subscribers in over 190 countries. We’ve recently introduced a new ad-supported plan, offering a more affordable price point for customers. We are building out a team to support the budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning for this exciting new initiative.
We are seeking a selfless, curious, and passionate leader to join our Ads Financial Planning & Analysis team. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow quickly in this space, working closely with a highly cross-functional and global team. A successful candidate will need to be a self-starter with exceptional analytical, financial modeling, and communication skills. We are looking for someone who can bring both financial planning experience as well as strategic thinking. This role requires comfort operating in ambiguity, problem-solving in a collaborative environment, and ability to manage complex work streams with multiple stakeholders.
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team. The position reports to the Manager of Ads FP&A and could be based in Los Angeles, Los Gatos, or New York.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support and deliver long and short-term financial forecasts, budgeting, and headcount planning
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses to deliver insights, facilitate trade off discussions, scenario plan, opportunity size, etc.
- Create insightful presentations to summarize analyses and facilitate decision-making
- Refine modeling and develop automation in partnership with Data Science team
- Ownership of our financial projections and assumptions in key systems, such as Anaplan, Workday, Essbase, Tableau
- Creation, standardization, and automation of management reporting in dashboards, reports, & templates
- Build strong relationships with wide group of stakeholders (Ad Sales & Ops, Data Science, Accounting, Talent Acquisition/HR, etc.) and be able to effectively communicate financial tracking/impact
- Coordination with Ads Strategy, Planning & Analysis colleagues to model and consolidate financial impact of product, plan, pricing changes.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in a fast-paced, highly analytical environment. Prior experience in advertising FP&A, management consulting, strategic finance in tech or high-growth startups is preferred
- Experience building & refining financial reporting processes, with high ambiguity and shifting requirements
- Strong modeling skills and comfort with manipulating large datasets in Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, and other data visualization tools
- Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, able to work autonomously, and perform tasks with a wide range of difficulties
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build successful relationships and partners at all levels
- Very strong project management, planning, & organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and deliver work under tight timelines.
- A strong attention to detail and eye towards using the 80/20 rule to address problems.
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), financial systems such as Workday, Essbase, Anaplan, sales incentive compensation, and general knowledge of the streaming advertising and ad tech ecosystem is a plus, though not required.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $60,000 - $290,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
See more open positions at Netflix
Something looks off?