Sr. Manager, Asset Management - Marketing Production
Marketing & Communications
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
We are looking for an experienced and passionate individual to join our leadership team and manage our Asset Management group, based in Los Angeles. Constantly raising the bar on efficiency, quality, and scale of digital asset management, the Asset Management team is part of our broader UCAN Marketing Operations & Productions, which is a center-of-excellence for creative operations, cross-functional project management, and marketing production, that works closely with Marketing & Communications groups at Netflix to connect our stories with millions of people worldwide.
With 232+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries, Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service and is powered by a work culture that’s focused on high performance and continuous improvement. This is a great opportunity to join our UCAN Marketing Operations & Production team and to shape the future of how we enable the best search, acquisition, management and protection of promotional assets at Netflix, as we continue to aggressively grow our slate of local and global content.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing Production, you will be responsible for developing and leading the team that contributes to all aspects of the promotional digital asset lifecycle from Creation, Management, Distribution, Retrieval to Archival.
The ideal candidate excels at asset governance, research, guidance, enforcement and even tool development. You are an inspiring and inclusive leader, with experience developing and coaching teams towards shared common goals and leading through influence, all while demonstrating strong judgment in the face of ambiguity. You are an expert in asset management and have a keen understanding of the latest DAM and MAM systems, trends, and emerging technologies. If you are someone who has a passion for both art and science, who thrives in creating systems that maintain organization, and loves to geek out on analytics - then this is the role for you!
- Team Leadership. Empower, support, and cultivate a flat organization of mid-to-senior level Asset Managers. A natural team leader with a proven track record of articulating team purpose and priorities, and rallying teams around these.
- Functional Expert. Lead overall strategy, budget, implementation and workflow of marketing DAM and MAM system workflows. Create systems to ensure the secure and efficient distribution of assets to diverse stakeholders.
- Operational Strategist. Proactively identify business-critical issues and opportunities to improve how we track, produce, share, utilize, and traffic promotional assets at Netflix, balancing the short and long-term needs of multiple cross-functional Marketing and Communications teams. Define clear and meaningful problem statements and attainable goals, and deliver continuous measurable improvements on these.
- Data Fluency. Understand how to leverage data to push (not hinder) the boundaries of marketing production. Partner with Program Management and Strategy & Analysis counterparts to further our operational metrics agenda and drive process improvements.
- Culture Building. Be a strong culture role model, leading by example in alignment with our principles of Inclusion, Freedom & Responsibility, Informed Captaincy and Context, Not Control, giving individual collaborators space and support to thrive at Netflix.
Experience & Skills
- Proven experience building and leading mid to large diverse teams: hiring, developing and managing high performers.
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS), ticketing systems, and project management tools.
- Fluency in different asset types across art & print, av, and digital production.
- Experience working with business analysts or analytics teams to measure operational metrics for forward looking operational planning.
- Proactive, constantly identifying and optimizing your business systems to eliminate, simplify, or automate ineffective elements of the current workflow in conjunction with cross-functional stakeholders .
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and are a natural team leader with an entrepreneurial mindset, drive to succeed and always up for a challenge!
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $250,000 - 420,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
See more open positions at Netflix
Something looks off?