Product Designer, Games Social Platform
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
We are looking for a lead-level product designer to push the boundaries of what it means to connect with other members through games on Netflix. Shared experiences with friends, family members, and people who share their interests and passions are a core experience in games. Netflix Games - already home to dozens of popular and critically acclaimed mobile games - seeks to amplify joy for our hundreds of millions of members around the globe. The mission: to create the largest, most engaged gaming community on the planet, united in the joy of play.
- Develop a strong, informed design point-of-view and unify the organization through a vision.
- Identify, define and drive innovation initiatives and product features from concept through launch.
- Collaborate with a small team of designers and cross-functional partners to explore, test, and evolve community gaming experiences on Netflix.
- Partner with internal and external game studios to design and implement new platform features that can be utilized at scale.
- Own the end-to-end design process—from blue sky design exploration to UX specs and quality UI designs, while working closely with cross-functional partners to balance polish and speed towards an effective execution.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and collaborations with partners and stakeholders.
- Proven leadership and strategic ability to drive initiatives and projects
- Known for creative and technical excellence, strategic thinking, customer advocacy, and business acumen
- Identifies business needs through domain expertise and business context; shapes their team's work to account for complexities and uncertainties.
- Deep understanding of gaming social mechanics, user expectations, behavior, and trends around building community and digitally connecting with others
- Multiple successful game platform product/feature launches that drove meaningful impact to player experiences and the business
- Deep understanding of game production methodologies, technologies and gaming industry trends
- Maintains a keen understanding of what motivates users and evangelizes that knowledge across the organization
- Able to independently organize, break down, and structure complex problems
- Displays outstanding commitment to include all voices and creates space for different communication styles
- Consistently sought out by stakeholders for guidance, problem-solving, and decision-making; acts as a key stakeholder for other teams in creating successful, high-impact work.
- Consistently produces and/or facilitates deliverables that elevate the quality of work for their team.
- Ability to quickly produce a great range of UX/UI concepts, as well as go deep to identify edge cases.
- Experience with A/B testing and using data to inform design decisions is a plus
- Figma experience and working with established design systems is a plus
Why you’ll love it here:
- Your work is experienced globally by 300M+ viewers (and growing) in 190 countries
- You will feel empowered to imagine what gaming on Netflix means and create new delight for our members
- You are surrounded by many talented people who inspire you everyday
- You get to control how you approach solving problems
Does this sound interesting but overwhelming? Please don’t self-select out; let’s figure it out together. We’d love to talk to you!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds more substantial teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $80,000-$550,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
See more open positions at Netflix
Something looks off?