Senior Manager, Flight Software
We invented a new approach to design, build, and fly our own rockets, starting with Terran 1 – the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket and Terran R our reusable next generation 3D printed rocket.
Using our vertically integrated technology platform, leveraging additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to deliver superiority over traditional aerospace manufacturing methods, we’re disrupting 60 years of aerospace with our novelty approach to get to space, Mars, and beyond faster, more cost-effective, and more reliable.
We believe in a future where interplanetary life fundamentally expands the possibilities for human experience. Our long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
This team owns the software running on our vehicle’s flight computer, plus ground side Vehicle Proxy, and sim environments like HITL and HOOTL. They would be taking leadership of a team that consists of top talent from SpaceX, Google, Disney, Twitter, and Neuralink, to name a few places.
What you’ll do:
Lead a flight software team that is responsible for development of:
- Real-time software running on our flight computer
- Guidance, navigation, and control algorithms
- Vehicle controls like tank pressures and engines,
- Hardware-in-the-loop testbed
- Hardware-out-of-the-loop testbed
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring this team executes on software deliveries for Terran-1, interfacing with key stakeholders like the GNC, Propulsion, and Vehicle teams. Additionally, you will be responsible for building an org strategy for how this team will grow and scale to allow the company to move flight software out of the stereotypical Aerospace mold. This will be a key strategic role for our success in making Terran-R the world’s most advanced rocket.
What you need to know:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of experience leading software engineering teams
- Familiarity with firmware or other low-level software
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Familiarity with modern C++
- Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and execute on projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience designing and building real-time control systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead software teams that deliver on company critical milestones and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to plan organizational roadmaps and hiring strategies
- Familiarity with containerization and deployment technologies like Kubernetes and Docker
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace
Something looks off?