Senior IT Systems Engineer
About The Role
Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Senior IT Engineer – TechOps
Located at onsite at our headquarters in Long Beach, CA the Senior IT Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, and operation of the global infrastructure, integration, and maintenance of the systems that Rocket Lab uses on a day-to-day basis. As well as all networks and firewalls at Rocket Lab following required security controls.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Enable Rocket Lab Engineers to develop the next generation of rockets and space systems, via the deployment and management of highly reliable and scalable IT infrastructure technology globally.
- Provides subject matter expertise, advise, and guidance to deliver and support for our highly reliable and available IT infrastructure to enable Rocket Lab Engineering and support teams to quickly develop the next generation rockets and space systems.
- Lead upgrades, maintenance, and with a focus on continuous improvement to provide a reliable and secure infrastructure.
- Lead project scoping, planning, and deployment for IT infrastructure projects in support of Annual Operating Plans.
- Champion the Infrastructure Standards as well as the Change and Asset Management function(s) at Rocket Lab through the implementation of Standards for the deployment and management of the different platform environments to ensure:
- Compliance with Rocket Lab Policies
- Compliance with Cybersecurity policies, standards, and procedures.
- Improvements to increase reliability of systems.
- System High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Simplified and consistent environment management practices
- Complete and compliant system baselines and hardening guides for each OS and environment
- Automated build, deployment, and maintenance processes for each OS and environment
- A compliant and auditable Change Management Procedure
- Clear and concise reporting on usage, uptime, support levels, etc
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 6+ years of experience in IT.
- 4+ of those years of experience in a platform focused technology role.
- In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Server and Storage hardware, Backups, HA\DR\BC, Active Directory, Group Policy, Certificate Management (PKI), DNS, or DHCP.
- Juniper or Cisco network switching and firewall setup, configuration, and management.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Scripting, automation, or Infrastructure as Code experience.
- Security frameworks and technology: ISO 27001, NIST 800-171, IPSEC, SSL VPNs, firewalls, etc.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and K8s.
- Specialist qualification in area of expertise: CISM, AWS, Azure, Microsoft, etc.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills – able to see the big picture, make connections and appropriate decisions.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.
Something looks off?