IT Support Specialist
The Black Tux
IT, Customer Service
gardena, ca, usa
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
The Black Tux is reinventing the formal-wear rental industry so guys can show up at their best on the days that matter most. The company designs and manufactures modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free. Using a combination of machine learning, tailor-trained fit specialists, and industry-leading customer service, The Black Tux guarantees a perfect fit every time. We started as e-commerce and we’ve taken our tuxes to the streets!
The Black Tux is searching for an IT Support Specialist reporting to our Gardena warehouse location. As a core contributor to the successful utilization of technology at The Black Tux, this individual will be responsible for supporting and maintaining items such as software applications, mobile devices (notebooks, tablets, etc), printers, audio/video equipment (including conferencing), and other end user applications, services, and hardware. The position will serve as the main point of contact for all End User Support requests during our day shift at the Gardena warehouse location.
What You'll Do
- Triage and tackle requests in our help desk queue for Google Workspace, Office 365, Adobe Enterprise, and Cisco Meraki
- Provide a range of technical support across various operating systems (Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, iOS, Android OS) as well as the related hardware (Mac, Lenovo, HP, and Chromebook hardware including portables, desktops, and peripherals)
- Provide general account administration, service outage support and network support across all TBT locations
- Monitor processes, maintain routines, test technologies, as well as create, write and maintain our knowledge base with standard issue resolutions
- Oversee complete employee lifecycle (on/off-boarding) which includes conducting onboarding sessions, account provisioning/de-provisioning, IT equipment configuration/reset, desk setup, and access controls management
- Act as a resource for best practices regarding data security and application usage
Who You Are
- 1-2 years of IT support or related enterprise help desk experience
- Windows & macOS operating system and hardware administrative support
- Skilled abilities within hardware support and configuration of iOS and Android Devices
- Experience within identity management systems (i.e. OneLogin, Okta) as well as enterprise Google Workspace administration
- General fluency with hardware configuration, troubleshooting, and support
- Maintain a fundamental understanding of network and Windows server administration, including installations, upgrades, best practices & techniques, tools, materials, and equipment
- Proven self starter with an ability to work alone or in groups
- Proficiency with Mobile Device Management platforms (Jamf Pro, Intune)
- Amazing ability to communicate effectively as the IT resource
- Has a people centric mindset; is a guru at all things problem solving and interpersonal relationships
Nice to Have
- Experience with warehouse management systems
- Experience with IT asset management systems
- Knowledge of ITIL or other prioritization and communication strategies
- Experience with cloud-managed infrastructure solutions like Cisco Meraki and AWS
- Fluent in Spanish is a huge plus
- Day Shift role, 7am - 4pm PST
- Availability to shift schedule as business demands require
- Availability to be on-call on weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift 30lbs
The IT Support Specialist role is onsite at our Gardena warehouse.
The base salary for this position will be between $54,000 - $60,000 but the actual compensation may vary based on the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and location. The Black Tux defines compensation plans using market data aligned with comparable companies at a similar stage and size as ours.
This position also qualifies incentive based compensation which may include a performance based bonus and/or incentive stock options. The Black Tux also offers unlimited PTO on top of generous company holidays, including a winter break at the end of each year.
Our people are the most important asset to us. Our benefits, perks, pay and culture reflect this in every decision we make. If you want to learn more about us, check out our Culture Book.
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Notice to California Job Applicants disclosed here.
See more open positions at The Black Tux
Something looks off?